Sunday, December 19, 2010

Another Beautiful Sabbath Day

I stayed in a motel last night as Scott had a hunting buddy staying with them and I wanted it to be easy for them so we rented a motel. It worked out perfect. I got ready for church and came over to Janna's by 8:30 so we could go to church. It ended up being Janna, Bailee and me. Janna wanted to leave after Sacrament, but as their wonderful Christmas Program came to an end Bailee wanted to stay. I told her if she would stay I would stay so Janna said she would stay too. We went to Sunday School and then to Relief Society. They introduced us in both organizations. We talked with Harley's leader Liz and she asked Janna if she could drop by and visit with Harley. Of course the answer was yes. Then as we were leaving I chose the door to go out of that would take us directly in front of the Presidency. The President jumped up and came over to us. She asked where Janna lived and put her arms around her and it just made Janna cry. The Spirit was taking over. I told the President that she needed visiting teachers and if any played volley ball that would be wonderful. Just so happened there was one. I so love that daughter of mine. She reminds me of Bailee. Moved by the Spirit...
We came home from church and I made Lasagne. Janna and I tried to make chocolate covered pretzels. We got some done but the white chocolate just wouldn't melt right. I was going to make fudge but we have no canned milk so we'll wait for tomorrow. That's been my fabulous Sabbath Day.
Grateful Statement:  Today I am grateful that the church is the same no matter where you go. I am grateful for a Relief Society President that was inspired to know that Janna just needed a big hug to feel welcome.
Section 119 - Section 122  I was especially interested in the explanation of paying an honest Tithe. The study guide quoted President Joseph Fielding Smith as saying, "If we are stingy with the Lord, he may be stingy with us, or in other words, withhold his blessings." I had never thought of it that way.

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing! Janna is such a great person and I love her!

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...