Sunday, December 5, 2010

Amie's Helper

Check out Dean doing dishes for Amie so she could rest. What a sweet guy! Today was a very good day. It started out kind of down. This overcast weather plays havoc on my moods. It just makes me tired. But I went to church and listen to some pretty good Testimonies and  Sunday School lesson taught by David Tuckett. What a sweet man he is!
Lisa Bradshaw taught our Relief Society Lesson and it was marvelous. As she taught it I started feeling truly inadequate. It was all about feasting on the Scriptures. I read my scriptures every day and find something that stands out to me and I thought I was doing good. But as she taught the lesson I knew with all my heart that Heavenly Father was telling me to do better. I used to study every morning with the institute books and my Scriptures. I would read my scriptures and then read the institute book and make notes in my margins of my Scriptures. After I got home and really thought about what Lisa had taught and I realized it was exactly how I used to study so it was nothing new. So tomorrow I am going to start doing it right again. And I'm getting a notebook to write down the inspiration I gain.
After Church Tommy, John, Malachi and I went to Dean and Amie's for Cafe Rio Salad. It was yummy and we had a wonderful Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream. They Dean did the dishes for Amie. How sweet was that. It turned out to be a wonderful day.
Grateful Statement:  Today I am grateful for my son Dean. He is so good. I love that he has such great faith in Heavenly Father and that he is a righteous husband, father and son. I am amazed that he is my son. How in the world did I become so blessed. He truly makes my heart sing...
Section 103 - Section 104  I love verse 9 where it says, "For they are set to be a light unto the world, and to be the saviors of men."  I hope I can always be a light unto the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...