Monday, May 24, 2010

Mom's in the Hospital

I started the day off moving more of my scrap room downstairs. Then I went to Heather's to have her adjust my camera. She is so smart!! Thanks Heather, no more blue birds. I went to the nursing home to check on Mom and make sure they were addressing her fistula. They were going to get a hold of Dr. Bennion and find out what he wanted done.  I came home and went visiting teaching to Liz and Joan. After I came home from that I got a phone call from the Nursing Home saying they were taking Mom to the ER. They did another CAT Scan and she has an enlarged gall bladder with stones and a fistula which is very bad. They need to do another test tomorrow to see if her gall bladder has a stone blocking it, which would account for all the pain she has in her stomach. So, I'll be back at the hospital bright and early in the morning. I finally got home at about 8:30. I am very tired. It was so emotional when they were doing all these terrible procedure that were hurting my mom. I had to leave and go out of the ER so I wouldn't hear her express her pain. She was exhausted when I finally left her. I wonder why???
Grateful Statement: Today I am grateful for wonderful Doctors that can find out what's wrong with you and attempt to fix it or relieve your pain.
The Words of Mormon - Mosiah 1  I didn't realize that King Benjamin had the Sword of Laban. I'm sure that's not a new concept but I looked up all the footnotes and read where Nephi got the sword, used it as a model to make other swords, passed it down, and it was buried with the gold plates and the Urim and Thummin. I will always remember that now.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry...I will pray for your mom.
    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that they can fix your mom's pain soon. That is no fun.

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...