Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mom in the ER

At about 8am this morning I got a call from the Nursing Home telling me they were going to send mom over to the ER. They had taken an Xray yesterday and thought she had a blockage in her intestines. Not good!! So Johnnie, Phyllis and I went down to mom's and they were trying to put an IV in her hand. She doesn't have good veins (they roll) so they couldn't get it in. I was really concerned about her. They finally gave up trying to get the IV in and took her over to the Hospital. They did a CatScan and found that there was no blockage. The doctor couldn't explain her descended stomach. So they fed her some food to see how she would do. She eat a lot and it didn't bother her stomach. The doctor said the Nursing Home needed to keep a close eye on her and call if anything got worse. That was such a relief. Johnnie and I just breathed a sigh of relief. So about 2pm they released her and the van from the nursing home took her back. She was so relieved to get back in her own bed. She was tired. Johnnie and Phyllis said good bye to her and headed back to Arizona. I will miss them. I came home and worked some more on genealogy and now it's time for bed.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful for wonderful doctors and nurses that have the knowledge to take care of us when we are sick. What a blessing they are when someone you love is sick.
2 Nep 12 - 2 Nep 13 I love the part where Isaiah says "let us go up to the mountain of the Lord; ...and he will teach us of his ways. That what I love about Temples (mountain of the Lord). All those wonderful things we learn.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that your mom is ok. That is so scary. I am glad that your brother and his wife were here to visit. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear that it wasn't what they thought.

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...