Thursday, May 27, 2010

Surgery is Over

I got to the hospital this morning at 7am and they took mom to surgery at 8:00. Dr Hill had something come up and couldn't do surgery at that time so they took mom back up to her room. At 11:30 they took her back down and Dr Hill did the surgery. He said all went well. He did discover that she has cirrhosis of the liver and that's the cause of the edema. Now we just have to pray that the next couple of days are good. Tommy came down when she went into surgery to stay with me. Mom came back to her room at 3:30 and just looks pitiful. That is to be expected, I guess. Her vitals are good! If she can get through her hospital stay without getting pneumonia we will be home free for awhile. Now I am going to go to bed and watch some dumb show and not think of one single thing.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful for the support of my family and friends. They make me able to go through these things.
Mosiah 3 - Mosiah 4  I looked up the "natural" man in the Student Manual and it says it is Fallen or Sinful. I always forget that so now maybe I will remember. We were all born into a Fallen World because of Adam and Eve so we have to have a Savior to atone for us.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that it went well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now I know why I've been thinking of you this week. I'm so sorry she ... and you ... have to go thru this. What a blessed lady to have you for a daughter. I love you, Janice. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...