Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fast Sunday

Cousins having fun.
 Lighting them in the middle of the street. Why do kids love fireworks so much?
Today was fast Sunday and I remembered to fast thanks to Amie for reminding me. It was very easy for me to do today. I think I really needed to fast so Heavenly Father made it easy for me. Amie, Hayden and Austin bore their testimonies in Sacrament Meeting. Very nice. They made me cry. Sunday School and Relief Society was very good too. It just seemed like I'd never left. I got the best hugs from my wonderful friends. It's so good to feel loved.
After church we all just hung out and I took cat naps. Then we had chicken shikabob's and salad and watermelon. It was fabulous. Then I took another little nap. It was cold in Dean's house for me and I snuggled up under a blanket and the next thing I knew I was asleep again. I must have been extra tired.
At 9pm the kids went out in the street and set off firecrackers. They had a ball watching them go off. It was a beautiful summer night. So cool. I was in heaven with my grandkids watching them have so much fun.
Grateful Statement: Today I am grateful for fasting and the power that it gives us. It just seemed like all my prayers today were so much more meaningful. I felt the Spirit so strongly. It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...