Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Hanging Up Our Aprons

 I had a presidency meeting this morning so I had to get things straightened up and take my shower. We got a lot of things taken care of. I just love serving with these ladies. The make me want to do better.
Tommy and I went to the cannery for our last day. We have decided we need a break. We have served this mission for 3 years and feel it's time to move on. We are still going to be substitutes but we won't have to get substitutes every time we go somewhere. They had missionaries tripping over each other so Tommy and I left early and went over to Nancy Ekins to take a book the ward had signed for her. She loves her new place and Alton is doing well. It was nice to get one of her wonderful hugs. I am going to retire and get off this computer and go to bed. I have worked on genealogy today and I'm tired of looking at this screen.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful today for Relief Society. To watch all the wonderful service that goes on in our ward it inspires me to do better. Susan is the best example of this. She is always taking dinner to people.
Section 47 - Section 49 John Whitmer did not want to be the church historian but the Lord called him to this calling. From 1831 - 1838 he wrote 85 pages. That's a little over 10 pages a year. Not even one a month. How much church history was not recorded because he wouldn't do the calling the Lord called him to. He left the church and took his records with him. The church obtained a copy of the record after his death.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sad that you are taking a break. I wanted to go while you were you there. I guess I am a day and a dollar short. LOL! I didn't know Nancy and Alton already moved. I was sick on Sunday, so I didn't get sign a book. I am glad they are doing well. I will miss them so much. Thanks for all you do! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...