Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mesa Temple


I got up this morning and had a Tamale for breakfast. I must say they are better the second day than the first. So very good. We also made a cake last night from a recipe of Ruth's that was so good. So we also had to have a sliver of cake for breakfast too. As I was reading my scriptures I saw the print out of the information for the Gila Valley Temple and decided I'd better call them to see if we needed to make an appointment or not. The lovely man on the recording informed me that the Temple was closed for maintenance. I am so glad that I called. It was a 2 1/2 hour drive down there so inspiration saved me once again.  So Kathy and I are going to the Mesa Temple with Ethel and Ruth. It was wonderful. We did four endowments and had a wonderful time. After the Temple we went to Mexican food and then to Joanne's where I found a pattern for the perfect Temple dress. I really need a new one. Mine is getting worn out. Time for a new one. Now we are home just relaxing. It was a wonderful, spiritual day!!
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father that watches over me all the time. For the companionship of the Holy Ghost that will inspire me to make a phone call so that we four ladies didn't get in a car and drive such a long way only to have the Temple closed.
Section 30 - Section 31 What a comforting statement to Thomas B. Marsh where the Lord tells him "Behold, you have had many afflictions because of your family; nevertheless, I will bless you and your family, yea, your little ones; and the day cometh that they will believe and know the truth and be one with you in my church."

1 comment:

  1. Cute Hair Janice! Ruth did a great job! We're missing you here. Chloe got in a fight with a deer last night and the deer won. She got to have a sleep-over with the vet and has lots of stitches and staples to show for it. We'll have to tell you all about it when you get home. Have fun and be safe! We love you!

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...