Saturday, October 2, 2010

Conference Saturday

I listened to Conference today. The 10am session started out with the song "We Thank Thee Oh God for a Prophet". That started me crying because we are so blessed to have such righteous men leading us. Never is there anything but good that comes from them. I loved all the talks but especially the one by Jefferey R. Holland. The way he thanked all the members for their hard work and diligence. So moving!  And then President Uchtdorf. He is so funny and his message about slowing down was so timely. We are all going at too fast a pace. In the second session I love Gerrit Gong and his analogy of the mirrors. That we look both ways and we are grandchildren and great grandchildren one way and when we look the other way we are grandparents and great grandparents. He talked about his ancestors going back 35 generations (I think it was 35) to 1st Dragon Gong. I really liked Richard G. Scott when he said to be thankful that God lets us struggle for a long time before the answers come. It builds faith. I just loved it all. What better way to spend a Saturday.
In between conference I had John take me to the store so I could get a roast for tomorrow and pick up my prescription at Rite Aid. I also found the little log house by the City Building and took pictures of the plaque. It is teeny. How in the world did the pioneers raise their families in such a small place. I think we have too much.
Grateful Statement: I am grateful for General Conference and all the messages that I heard. So many were just what I needed to hear.
Ether 13 - Ether 14  I love in verse 3 where it says the New Jerusalem will come down out of heaven. Can you imagine what that will be like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...