Sunday, October 17, 2010

Grand Canyon without Pictures

Kathy and I started out the day with a 30 minutes walk up the streets of Williams. We then came home and got ready for church. Kathy had asked some man in Taco Bell last night where the Mormon Church was and he told us where it was. Turns out he was in the Stake Presidency somewhere else and was just visiting so he wasn't sure what time it started but knew where the building was. So we drove over to the building and on the window was a sign that said it started at 10am. I'm glad we checked or I would have gone over at 9am. They had good speakers. Kathy and I enjoyed it.
Now for the tradgedy. Kathy and I went to the Grand Canyon and saw such beautiful scenery and deer and Elk herds and cute little squirrels that I took tons of pictures of. When we got back to our room after eating dinner I opened my camera to retrieve the SD card so I could put the pictures on my blog. To my utter dismay there was no card in my camera. What the Heck... So tomorrow we will be going back to the Grand Canyon to take pictures again. We hope to see all we saw today. The highlight was the huge Bull Elk and his 15 or so cows elks that were crossing the road in front of us. Mr. Elk got a little ticked off when half the cows got on the other side of the road. He was bugling and running up and down the side of the road trying to get his harem together. Then here come the park rangers yelling at the not so bright tourists that were out of their cars trying to take picturs of them. It was quite the scene of which I had taken many pictures from inside our car. I really feel bad about those pictures that weren't really taken. But oh well, tomorrow is another day.
Grateful Statement: Today I am so grateful for God's Creations. I so enjoyed the spectacular Grand Canyon. What beauty Heavenly Father has created for me.
Section 21 - Section 24 I wonder why Joseph Knight was given a different instruction than the others in Section 23. I need to research this and figure out why when I get home.

2 comments:

  1. That is so sad! When you get home we will set your camera to not take pictures if there is no card, if you haven't already done that. I have done that before it is a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just going to make the same comment as Heather, you can set it so it won't take pictures without the card. I've done it before too.

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...