Sunday, September 5, 2010

Feeling Good

I didn't wake up this morning until 8am which is late for me. I woke up all fuzzy headed and feeling so down. All I really wanted to do was go back to bed and have a good cry. I just felt yucky. I knew I had to keep on going to come out of this so I got my shower and as I was having my enormous pity party in the shower I told myself that I could either keep on doing this or I could snap out of it and count my blessing. I decided that I would find 5 female ancestors that needed their work done and print out an FOR. I got out of the shower, got dressed and spent the next 15 minutes looking through the Jennings book. There they were. After church I came home and continued searching. I found a daughter named L. Elizabeth Jennings that married Thomas H. Griffis. They had 4 daughters and one son.  The work had not been done for her or her children but Thomas' work had. As I found them on 1870, 1880 and 1900 census and proved all the children. I found Elizabeth or Letha as they called her living with her daughter in the 1930 census. She was 83 and  her son William 57 was with her. He was in a wheelchair and mentally handicapped. I know that in the early 1900 it couldn't have been easy caring for her son. It just made me so happy that I was going to do her work. See what Heavenly Father does for us when we ask for help. I have the 5 females I was looking for. Plus my bonus William.  The fog is gone and I am happy. I also went down to Dean's for dinner and got to see the dress Hailey is wearing on her first date. She is so beautiful!
Grateful Statement: I am grateful for prompting and answers to prayers. I know Heavenly Father knows and loves me. Today was just another tender mercy I recieved.
3 Nephi 12 - 3 Nephi 17 Oh, to have been there to hear Christ teach the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...