Sunday, September 12, 2010

Stake Conference

I went to Stake Conference today. It was so wonderful. Julie Beck spoke and said we were doing better than we think we are but we could do better. I know that's true. There is always things we can improve on. She also talked about not spending too much time on the internet. I'm so glad I stopped farming a long time ago and started doing my family history again. Jeffrey R Holland spoke next. His was all about faith. He told many stories of the pioneers and how faithful they were to go where they were sent. President Packer was the final speaker. He talked about President Bednar being a missionary and giving him some foreign money before he boarded a train. It was what kept his wife from being put off the train. He joked alot and really made us laugh. What an awesome apostle. I only wish I can be going that strong at his age.
After conference I made Potato Soup for John, and Kathy and Darell came to visit. Darell has a doctor's appointment in Salt Lake tomorrow so they came for a couple of days.
Now it's really time for me to go to bed.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful for the broadcast of Stake Conference and the wonderful things we were told. I especially like the one about taking the Lord's hand and letting him lead us.
3 Nephi 26 - 3 Nephi 27 I wonder what marvelous things were uttered and forbidden to be written down.

1 comment:

  1. That was a great conference! I loved it. I thought that all of the talks were great but I really liked that story about Elder Bednar. It choked him up to say who it was in the story. Amazing that they can do regional conferences that way.

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...