Monday, August 23, 2010

Bottled Tomatoes

I walked with Heather this morning and came home and canned the tomatos I had and some other ones that Amie brought me. I had Hayden and Harrison with me today so Amie could take the girls clothes shopping for school. I don't blame the boys for not wanting to go. It's just no fun for boys to shop in girl's departments. So I spent the day bottling these tomatoes and I cooked the extra one's into a yummy sauce. I think I will make pasta and add this sauce. I also cooked more zuchinni with tomatoes and cheese. Lori wanted the recipe so here is what I do.
Saute the zuchinni in Olive Oil until a little tender. (I like mine a little firm on the outside)
Salt and Pepper to taste before you cook them
At the last minute add chopped fresh tomatoes.
Sprinkle cheese of your choice and cook until it melts.
Remove from pan and serve.
That's how I cook mine. But there are probably a hundred ways to cook zuchinni. I worked on putting some more pages on Scrap Girls to my gallery and I posted a template of Lori's to Grandma's Templates. Then John and I made Tacos for dinner and we cleaned up the kitchen. I really feel like I have had a productive day. Much better that laying around doing nothing. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful for the ability I have to can. I am grateful for a loving grandma and mother that taught me how. I am grateful for my grandmother's pantry that mesmerized me as a little girl looking at all the bottles on the shelves filled with fruit and vegetables. I can still see it if I close my eyes.
Helaman 14 - Helaman 15  Chapter 31 tells us that it is up to us to choose. It must have been a scary time when there was darkness for three days and earthquakes. It would be especially had in the dark. How could anyone not know that Christ had suffered death after all the signs.

2 comments:

  1. I am very jealous of your bottled tomatoes. I have a huge bucket full that I need to make into salsa. But first I have to buy some garlic. But first I have to take Spencer to the doctor. But first I have to wait for a phone call about dang soccer. But first. . .
    I don't know if my salsa will ever get finished. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe Janice. That is pretty much what I figured by looking at the picture, but wanted to make sure there were no secret ingredients. I think I'm making that tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...