Saturday, August 21, 2010

Lunch is Served

I got up this morning and just hung out and did nothing. I'm getting very good at doing nothing. I finally decided to be productive and chopped up my lettuce for my salad stuff and made my dressing so I am all ready for salads. I love opening my vegetable drawer and having it all there just waiting. And I was on a roll so I made this Zuchinni thingy from a recipe of Judy and Denzil's with the zuchinni and tomatoes Amie brought up to me. So good to have a wonderful daughter in law that has a very productive garden. I used olive oil and Colby and Cheddar cheese as that's what I had an abundance of.  It was delish... I even shared with Tommy and he liked it too. Tonight I'm making meatballs and rice and corn on the cob for dinner. Tommy just doesn't know what to think. Dinner on the table at 5pm.  I did a little laundry but mainly spent the day watching television and trying not to miss my sweet mom too much. It just hits me some days and I can hardly stand it. But this too shall pass.
Grateful Statement: I am grateful that I no longer have to work on Saturdays like I did for so many years. I am grateful for retirement.
Helaman 11 - Helaman 12  I didn't remember reading that the whole earth was smitten with a famine and did not yield forth grain. When did they put that in...

1 comment:

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...