Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day of Service

Today I didn't walk because I just couldn't get any energy. And I slept until 7:30. Isn't that something. Me who can't sleep suddenly can't stop sleeping. I made 8 loaves of Wheat Bread for Relief Society and I gave a couple of loaves to sisters in our ward that needed a little TLC. I used Kara's recipe and the first batch I put way too much flour in so out it went. I thought, "Oh, here we go, this isn't going to be an easy day" but the next batch was perfect and the next one was also perfect so I got that job done.
Megan Merrill brought me two more skirts that her grandma made for her. She sent them to her but they need some hand work done on them. I found the right color of thread so I can finish them for her. She leaves for the Ukraine on Tuesday. What a brave girl to go over there to teach English to the kids.
Then I delivered the bread to my sweet sister friends. I also went by Dean's and borrowed Amie's bread cutter so I can slice my bread in the morning. We are giving out Wheat Bread again after Church tomorrow to all the ward members. I'll let you know how it went.
Now I do believe I'm going to finish writing in my journal and maybe work on Megan's skirts.
Grateful Statement: Today I am especially grateful for my grinder and Bosche bread maker. It makes it so easy to make bread. I just wish Tommy liked wheat bread. When I move to Idaho I'll make it for my little Austin. He always says I make the best homemade bread in the world. Now that always makes me feel special.
3 Nephi 3 - 3 Nephi 5  I love in verse 33 where it says "And their hearts were swollen with joy" because of the great goodness of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...