Monday, August 2, 2010

Canoeing Down the River

I got a call from Wendy this morning to tell me Mom was the same. Wendy had a man named Eldon who is a spiritual advisor for Sunbrook Hospice give her a blessing. Wendy said it was so wonderful. He told her not to be afraid and that she had been a valiant woman, that there were so many people on the other side waiting for her. Then Yvonne called to say she had spent time with Mom yesterday and told her of our friendship. She told her about our trip to Arkansas doing genealogy and how much she loved me.  I have the best friends and family in the whole wide world. How can you have so many caring and loving people all around you and not feel so very blessed and loved.
Today we went canoeing down the river for 4 hours. It was so beautiful and peaceful. The scenery was awesome. Barry, Julie and Carley were in a canoe, Kathy and I were in a canoe, Harley and Rebecca were in a canoe and Harrison, Hayden, Austin, Matthew, Bailee and Lexie were in a big rubber raft going down the river. We had so much fun. Near the end we had a few mishaps. Lexie decided she wanted to ride with Kathy and I and almost turned our canoe over getting in. Bailee got hit in the head with a paddle so Rebecca and Harley got her in their canoe, then Austin threw his paddle in the raft and hit Harrison in the head and cut his forehead open. It wasn't too bad so we were able to bandaid it together. What a trooper he was. He is a tough, that little guy.  We put Harrison in our canoe and Lexie in the raft so she could help them paddle down the stream. Then the kids in the raft were having a hard time getting it going so Kathy got in the raft from our canoe without tipping me over. Harrison and I finally got the rhythm and got to the dock. What a trip. We must have been a sight going down the river. We came home and fell into our chairs and didn't move until Janna and Scott got here from work. Scott barbecued hamburgers and hot dogs for us. Then Kathy, Julie, Janna and I went for a walk. Janna had to turn around halfway into it because Maggie was limping. I think her paws hurt from running on the rocks at the cabin. Janna had to carry her back home. All in all a fantastic day.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for this beautiful place that I am able to come to and get rejuvenated. I think about my sweet mom everyday and give her hugs and kisses from afar.
Alma 52 - Alma 53 I like the statement in the Student Manual where it says, "The devil laughs when he sees the destruction of the Lord's people, but the Lord weeps."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...