Sunday, August 8, 2010

Back Home With Kathy

We got up this morning and cleaned up the cabin, packed up our stuff and said some sad goodbyes and all headed our separate ways. Barry, Julie and Carley had to go to Salt Lake Airport to fly to San Jose, Janna and Scott headed back to Rigby and we took Kathy and Kids to our house where Craig will pick them up Tuesday or Wednesday. It was a long uneventful trip. Kathy scrapbooked a page on the way so the time went faster. We got home around 3:00 and Amie came and got the kids after church. Hayden and Harrison just talked and talked to her about all the fun stuff they did. I had to post this picture of the raft Harrison made. It was sea worthy and his stick oars really worked. He was able to paddle all around the boat docks. Kathy finished her page and I worked on my blog. I have a whole week to catch up on. Thank goodness I made notes each day. Amie picked up the rest of Mom's stuff from the nursing home and there was the book that Sunbrook provided for the aides and the nurse to put in comments each day. Wendy wrote the most wonderful things about how much she loved my Mom and all her memories of her. She would say to mom "See you later alligator" and Mom would say "After while mountain lion". I will treasure this book forever.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful today for my sweet nieces. Family is everything to me and I'm so glad they have stayed in my life all these years.
Alma 56 - Alma 57 I love how Helaman calls the two thousand warriors his sons. What a sight that must have been to see them marching together.

1 comment:

  1. I have been missing your updates so much!! I am so glad that you went on your trip! It sounds like so much fun! I am glad that you mom is with her loved ones on the other side and can be free of her aches and pains. What a blessing that we know that we will see our loved ones again. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...