Friday, August 13, 2010

Mom's Funeral

Mom's funeral was extraordinary. We started out with a viewing. So many of her friends and family came. I did really good until I had to give the family prayer and put on Mom's veil. Amie helped me put her veil on and I kissed her forehead and put the veil over her face and they closed her coffin. I cried and cried as I did all these things. I just wanted to hold onto her tight and never let her go. It was so final. Then we followed her coffin into the chapel and started her program. Three of her grand kids spoke, Julene, Dean and Kenny and Hailey, Hannah, Harrison and Hayden sang "I Know That My Redeemer Lives". It so beautiful. Amie lead the music and Phyllis played the organ and accompanied the kids when they sang. My cousin Buddy gave the closing pray. We followed the hearse to the cemetery where my brother Johnnie dedicated the grave. Mom's now laid to rest by the side of Smokey, my stepfather and her mom, dad, brothers and sons. She is at peace. I am going home tomorrow and redefine my life. I will fill the empty hole in my heart with something.
Grateful Statement: I am grateful for my family. All the nieces, nephew, cousins and friends that I was able to hug and grieve with this day.
Helaman 2 - Helaman 3  So much murdering. Do they ever learn.

1 comment:

  1. What a precious, beautiful day. I love you.

    Travel safely.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...