Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Taking The Boys Home

 The crazy boys making their crazy dinners.

 Hayden made his sandwich with a hamburger bun.

Austin made bread with Pepperoni and Cheese.

I took Harrison and Hayden home today. Austin came with me so he could hang out with his cousins for a little longer. It was an uneventful drive. We stopped just outside of Tremonton at a rest stop and I made sandwiches for the kids. Harrison wanted a banana so I had to call Janna to get the carbs. We are still a little up and down with his numbers. He'll be in the low 100 and then in the low 200.  His doctor will have to figure this one out. He has been so good to not have very many carbs. We have scrambled eggs for breakfast now. But we are grateful it's not in the 300 and 400 anymore. Makes me less nervous  about him.
When we got here the boys played the Wii for a little while and the YM called Harrison about the combined activity they were doing at Temple Square. So off they went after we devised a dinner. First we were going to have hot dogs. I threw the package in the microwave and when we started to pull out the hot dogs they were moldy. The boys thought that was so gross. On to plan b. They found some pepperoni in the fridge and Harrison had pepperoni, cheese and cream cheese sandwich. They were just laughing and having so much fun eating their "dinner". So Harrison took some nuts with him off they went to the church.
I took Hayden and Ryan to their practice and ran to the market to get some stuff for dinner. It's really had to do carb free. I got more cheese that Harrison likes and some chicken breasts, bacon and eggs. That should make them happy. Of course when I got home I had forgotten to get milk.
I also forgot to bring my computer, with my camera card in it, and Harrison's extra stuff and insulin. Thank goodness Amie keeps a good supply. The boys got home about 10:30 and I gave them a snack and off to bed they went. They can't play their ipods so they had to go to sleep. I told them they had to get good rest for their tournaments. Harrison wants me to watch him play so we are going to figure this one out so I can watch both boys play.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful for a safe journey. Grateful that the boys believe in the power of prayer like I do. We prayed on the side of the freeway entrance for a safe trip. Prayer works...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...