Friday, August 17, 2012

Bountiful Garden

 Green Beans ready to pick again.

 Zucchini and Strawberries.

 Carrots almost ready to harvest.

 Green Onions

 Cabbage almost ready.

Corn finally making ears.

I decided tonight as I was watering my garden and enjoying my front yard that I would take pictures so next year I can see what can be accomplished. Some of these took forever to finally get going. My tomatoes were a dismal failure. Not one tomato got ripe and if they did the bottom of them were black. So back to the drawing board for them next year. Wall of Water are probably the key.
Today I visit two more of the sisters. I met Mary who is my "Hero of the Day". Her husband had a stroke about 3 years ago and she stays home and cares for him. He is bedridden so that is no easy task. She is adorable and sweet and funny. We had some good laughs.
I picked up Bailee at the church from Girls Camp. She had a good time. I just think she is adorable. Her dad came and got her and took her to the motel where Ron's parents are staying and brought Austin home so he could go to a birthday party down the street.
Harley is off babysitting one of Janna's probationers daughters. The mom is a nurse so she works nights and Harley watches the girls. She takes grandpa's truck and drives over and comes back in the morning. What a responsible kid she is.
Grateful Statement: Today I am grateful for Mary. When I meet sisters that are so caring it makes me know that we all have troubles. No one is exempt. Heavenly Father knows that and I think that's the way he refines us. He is also so close that he will help us through our trials.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...