Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 2 of Women's Conference

This picture is very bad. I couldn't get my camera adjusted. Elder Bednar is down there. I promise!
 The snow coming down in Dean's back yard.
 Same snow in the front yard snowing on my new car.
Heather, Marcy, Gerri and Megan picked me up on the side of the road (I had started walking down to Heather's) and we were off for another fun filled, spiritual feast.
Julie Beck gave the opening presentation on the History of Relief Society. So many good things. My favorite was "Am I aligned with what my Heavenly Father wants me to become." This one made me think and ponder. Also she said to change "I can do hard things." to "I DO hard things." That really touched me because I have been doing hard things for a long time. Almost all my adult life. So I can do hard things and come through still faithful and strong. Yeah for me...
Gerri and I went to the Primary General Presidency's presentation "The Plan of Salvation, One of Heaven's Best Gifts to Mankind" It was very good. They talked of Stepanie Nielsen and showed her video.
Next was Lisa Bradshaw's presentation called "This is the Day of Our Opportunity". It was wonderful. She told of her experiences with hard things and how even when we are going through hard stuff we can always find someone to serve. We need to uplift and serve each other.
I stayed for the next one by myself called "If Thou Endure It Well, God Shall Exalt Thee on High". Sister Parkinson told of the struggles of her daughters. One lost her husband in a car accident leaving her a young widow with little kids. Another daughter had a brain tumor and is still dealing with the effects of the surgery. Another daughter can't have children. Sister Pugmire told of her son that was hearing impaired and committed suicide and her husband was diagnosed with cancer and died 58 days later. Her only daughter and her had to finish building the house her husband started. It made me know that we all have our trials yet there they are standing with faith and moving on.
Then I met up with Gerri and we went back up to the Marriott to hear Elder and Sister Bednar. Elder Bednar talked about living in Fayetteville, Arkansas and the discrimination of his kids because they were "Mormon Boys" but in the end they would ask there kids if the Bednar Boys were going to a party or event. It the answer was yes they would let their kids go, if it was no they wouldn't. Now that's a powerful testimony that we are being watched and we can change people's attitudes about us.
Tommy picked me up at 5pm and we went to the Mexican restaurant in Payson. We are going to have lunch with John tomorrow at the Sizzler in Provo on our way out of town. Tommy wants to get back and start working on the house.
Grateful Statement: I am grateful for all the direction I have been given these last 2 days. I just keep thinking about Elder Bednar saying it is better for us to do a perfect fast once a month that fast for 3 days, or read our scriptues faithfully everyday than read the whole BofM in a week, or pray every morning with sincere desire than to pray for 5 hours straight. I do these things. I go all out and then it doesn't hold and I stop. I need to be steady and persistent in all thing. I learned soooo many things. I am so blessed to have been able to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...