Thursday, April 28, 2011

Day 1 of Women's Conference



Heather and her mom Marcy came and picked me up at 7ish and we were off. These are the presentations we went to:
"By Small and Simple Things" Sister Virginia Pearce talked about the power of prayer.
"Ideals Are Stars to Steer By; They Are Not a Stick to Bear Ourselves Up With" Sister Barbara Thompson who I dearly love gave the first part of this presentation. She told of 17 things she came up with after listening to conference that she needed to improve. What a funny lady.
"We Are Going To Do Something Extraordinary" This was a discussion with 4 past General Relief Society Presidents. Sister Elaine Jack, Sister Bonnie Parkin, Sister Mary Ellen Smoot and Sister Barbara Winder. It was funny and very uplifting.
" There Is Nothing In This World...As Nurturing, or As Life Changing as The Influence of a Righteous Woman" Sister Madsen and Sister Merrell presented this. Sister Madsen is the mother of 10 children and one of her sons is a pro basketball player. She was hilarious. She told of pulling out her scriptures when her kids were contentious and quoting scipture to them. Funny lady.
"The Legacy of Relief Society" John and Susan Tanner presented this. It told all about the history of Relief Society and Brother Tanner told of the 7 concurrent generations of Relief Society president in his family.
We stayed for the concert. It was fabulous. Kirby Heyborne, Hilary Weeks, Josh Wright, Focal Points and a concert violinist that I can't remember her name and my favorite, David Osmond. It was so entertaining and good. I have been spiritually fed today.
Grateful Statement: Of course, today I am so grateful for Women's Conference. What a wonderful treat to have to go to. And for my friend Heather for getting my tickets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...