Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Documenting Quilts made by Granny Keith

Both of these quilt tops were hand sewn using scraps of fabric by my Granny Keith. She was my dad's step mom who raised him after his mom died when he was 2 yrs old. They were given to my mom who tied them and bound the edges with her quilting group in Clay Springs, Arizona after she retired from the restaurant business. They are true treaures to me. I didn't know my Granny Keith very well but loved to visit with her in Snowflake when my mom would take us to their house. I wanted my children to know who made them, especially the grandkids because these were made by their great great grandma. Pretty cool. Janna and I put them in space bags and stored them. They are very fragile and the stitching is coming apart so we really can't use them. So we will always remember them and now they are documented.
I watched it rain all day and worked in the house and took a nap. Spring needs to get here. Tommy picked up the plans for our kitchen that Home Depot drew up for us. I like what they have done. I just have to decide where to put my Microwave. I think it can only go above the stove. So many little decisions to make.
After school I helped Bailee with her personal progress. We read Hebrew 11 and talked about Faith. Her very first accomplishment in her personal progress book. We are going to keep doing it until she can do it on her own. I also helped Austin with his scouts so he can get his Arrow of Light. These kids need grandma to help them.
I made hamburgers and potato wedges for dinner and now it's time to watch TV and go to bed.
Grateful Statement: Today I am grateful for the young women's program and that Bailee will be able to participate. Heavenly Father thought of it all.
John 19 - John 20 So hard to read again of the Savior's Crucifixion. He bore all this agony for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...