Friday, November 5, 2010

Progressive Luncheon


I got up this morning and made Taco Soup for our progressive lunch. We met at Lynn's at noon and had appetizers, on to Everett Richmond's little log cabin in Payson where we learned all about Prescilla Parker and had homemade soup and rolls, on to the Temple site where Shamayne told about the history of Temples and Kathy Holcomb bore testimony of how the Temple has helped her and is still helping her with Dave's illness. She said he has no more than a year to live and they still try to go to the Temple every week. It was such a wonderful event. We finished it off at the Belnap's home for dessert and conversation. I think the sisters liked it.
Grateful Statement:  Today I am grateful for a Temple to be built in Payson. It was wonderful to stand on the site and feel Heavenly Fathers love for me.
Section 63 - Section 64  In verse 61 it says "Wherefore, let all men beware how they take my name to their lips." I think we have to be so careful that we do not speak the Lord's name in any manner that is not filled with reverence. It really made me think that I must be very careful how I speak of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...