Sunday, June 27, 2010

Scary Day

I got a phone call this morning from Wendy, mom's hospice nurse who said mom wasn't doing very well. I threw on my clothes and ran down to Parkway. She was fast asleep, cold and clammy, and wouldn't wake up. She had sweat all over her forehead. The nurse came in and removed a pain patch and when Wendy got there she said she thought she was having an overdose of morphine from the patch because they had upped the dose. As I sat with her she started responding after a couple of hours and finally was able to wake up. When she opened her eyes and drank some water we knew she was getting better. I worked on templates while I was sitting with her and got 5 done. By the time I left at 5pm she was doing good and had eaten some jello and strawberry ice cream. I went to Dean and Amie's for dinner. Yummy Bajio Salad.  Hailey and Hannah came down to have some chocolate milk at grandma's and Bailee made them one of her "Famous" milk shakes. Now I'm blogging and going to bed. Turned out to be a good day after all.
Grateful Statement: I am grateful today for the wonderful aides at Parkway Nursing Home. They love and care for my mom so well. When we thought she was going everyone was so worried and sad. Tears were shed for my "grandma" aka my sweet mom.
Alma 12 - Alma 13   In chapter it tells that "our words will condemn us, our works will condemn us and our thoughts will condemn us. I guess I had better be very careful what I think, say and do.

1 comment:

  1. What a scare!!! I'm so glad she was ok.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...