Sunday, June 6, 2010

My Baptism Day

This picture is of my baptism with my cousin Ethel in Snowflake, Arizona. We were baptized by Ethel's Grandpa Hunt when we were 8 yrs old. My dear Aunt Marie gathered up Ethel and I and off we went to be baptized. We didn't have to have an interview with the bishop. This was in 1954. What a treasure to find. Today I had a Welfare meeting at 9:30am and then came home and got the kids ready for church. Bailee and Austin came to church with Tommy and I. It was so hot in the Sunday School class and Relief Society that I thought I would melt. After church I came home and made Pasta for the kids and went to visit Mom. They had just fed her and she was watching TV. No Pain! What a blessing! Now I think it's time for bed.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful for my Aunt Marie that was responsible for all us kids being baptized. She was a Savior on Mount Zion for us. I love that lady!
Mosiah 18 - Mosiah 19  As I read this chapter it talks about all the souls that were baptized by Alma. It made me reflect on my baptism and how wonderful it was for me. I'm not sure I even knew what it was all about but I'm eternally grateful for a loving Heavenly Father that made sure a little eight year old girl named Janice had the opportunity to be baptized and recieve the Holy Ghost.

1 comment:

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...