Friday, June 18, 2010

Salt Lake Temple

What a fabulous day I had today. I went to the Salt Lake Temple with Gwen. We left at 8:15 and drove to Salt Lake. When we got to the Temple we went our separate ways. Gwen did Baptisms and Initiatories and I got all Yvonne's cards printed out and picked up cards and left cards. I got dressed and ready to do Sealings, but when I went upstairs they were all full so I took the Cards downstairs and had the Temple do them. I had an hour to kill and walked around the Temple grounds. I never have time to just enjoy looking at the Temple. It was wonderful. I took pictures and called Kathy and Julie. We are planning a vacation to Island Park with Janna in August. I am so excited to see them and have fun. After I got home I was so tired I laid down for just a minute and woke up 2 hours later. I guess I really was tired. I went to see Mom. She was in pain so they gave her some more morphine so she would be comfortable. I came home and worked on genealogy all evening. That's been my day. I couldn't ask for anything better.
Grateful Statement: I am grateful for the Temple. I felt such peace as I walked around, prayed a little, took pictures and just soaked in the Spirit. An awesome place to hang out in.
Alma 1 - Alma 2  I have written in the margins by verse 14 that it was the law of Capital Punishment that was enacted. Then it talks of the Saints in verse 30 that were very prosperous but gave to the needy, having no respect to persons as to those who stood in need. They gave to everyone equally.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could have been there with you! I love our temple trips. Actually, I love any and all of our trips. I just miss you!!!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto what Lori said. It is beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...