Monday, January 4, 2010

Putting away the Christmas Decorations


The time has come to put away all my Christmas Decorations. I started putting them away before I got sick and had to put the boxes away again in storage and put back up what was laying around when they came to show the house. So I'm back to doing it. Not much accomplished today but I did pay my bills and balance everything. I guess that is a huge thing for me because I hate paying bills. Maybe if the money stretched as far as the bills it would be different. Oh well, such is life. John brought up all my boxes to put my Christmas stuff away and when I came upstairs here is what I found. Check out the picture. I don't know how he got them so high. I told him if they fell down he was DEAD!! He is always pulling something on me. Because I have this thing about everything being organized and straight and neat, all through Christmas he would move something just a little bit. It was quite comical. I was always checking to see what he moved next. He especially loves to move one spice bottle and put it in a different place. Too Funny!!!
I went to see mom this evening. She was very tired and didn't really wake up until they got her up and took her to dinner. Mom sat at the same table with a lady named Gayla in the other nursing home. Her husband Maynard came morning, noon and night to feed here. She passed away about 2 years ago and Maynard would still come to the nursing home and have dinner and talk to all the people. He was there tonight sitting at a table and I said hi to him. He got up and came over and I gave him a big hug and then I noticed he looked really bad. He told me he lived here now. He seemed so sad. His kidneys no longer function. I'm going to have to find him everytime I go down there to give him a hug. It just made me so sad, probably because he was so sad. I just told him that Gayla was waiting for him. It will be glorious when he gets on the other side and is with his sweetheart.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation. Because of Heavenly Fathers plan I can know that Maynard really will be with his sweet wife and be happy and not lonely anymore. What a marvelous gift he has given us. It brings such peace to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...