Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sabbath Day

I went to welfare meeting this morning at 9am and gave the spiritual thought. I was a nervous wreck for some reason but I got through it. It was Fast Sunday and I hadn't eaten anything but a piece of toast and a couple of sips of Chicken Broth and a Sprite in the last two days. But I was determined to fast anyway and I was able to finish my fast. I wasn't weak or anything. Heavenly Father knew I needed help and he gave it to me. I really feel so much better. Church was good. Tommy was sick again. But only on Sunday's. LOL! After church I went to visit mom. I hadn't seen her since I went to Idaho a week ago. She was just laying there as usual. But when I came into her room I ask her who am I and she looked up at me and said "You must be my daughter." Just in case anyone thinks people in nursing home don't know what going on I'm here to tell you they do. Some days are better that others but there is more better than worse. I came home from that and John made dinner. I ate a little bit of chicken. It was delicious. He used a recipe from a cookbook from Nome, Alaska that my friend Deena gave me. Now I'm blogging and going to bed.
Grateful Statement: I am grateful for my ability to fast. It has been one of the harder things for me to get down. I am trying really hard to overcome my shortcomings. I need to be strong so I can lead by example. I don't know if it's working but I'm going to keep on trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...