Thursday, August 25, 2011

Do Nothing Day

I had a pretty laid back day. I went visiting teaching to Denise and took Marissa and Bailee to Deseret Books to get their journals. I spent the afternoon trying to stay awake. I was tired today.
I made biscuits, eggs and gravy for dinner. We have so many eggs around here I need to use them up. I watched "The Barefoot Contesta Cooking Show" today and she made what she called scones. They looked like biscuits to me so I followed her method for my mom's biscuit recipe and they were wonderful. Crunchy on the bottom and soft and flaky inside. That's how I'm making them from now on. I used my Kitchen Aid to mix the dough. I love to watch cooking shows. It makes me want to get in the kitchen and cook for these people around here. It was fun doing something different.
I did all the dishes and spent the evening watching TV. Now I'm going to bed and get my beauty sleep. I need lots of that.
Grateful Statement: I am grateful for being a visiting teacher today. I was fun to visit Denise. I couldn't get ahold of my partner so I went alone again. I think I need a new one that wants to be a visiting teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...