Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sunday Morning Sickness Has Struck

I woke up this morning with a headache that felt like my head was stuffed with cotton, sneezing and just feeling bad. Thank goodness Ron took the kids to visit his mom and dad who are coming up from Price today so I wouldn't feel bad about not taking them to church. Janna is still not all that wonderful so she is doing her inhaling thing. I am going to index today and hopefully that will make up for staying home from church. But truly, I knew it would be miserable if I tried to go.
In the afternoon I started feeling kind of down and melancholy so I decided to go grind my wheat so I could make bread in the morning for the kids. I started out in my kitchen and forgot to put a sponge in the top of the bowl so it started shooting flour out. I got that fixed and then as I was trying to take off the lid to see how much wheat was left to grind the ring came off and wheat went everywhere. I thought "this is what you get when you try to do something on the sabbath". I knew I should have ground my wheat in the garage but I didn't have my set up like in Elk Ridge. So out to the garage I went and Janna helped me set up this table and get me going. I was able to grind all the wheat I had in glass jars and then I used them to put the flour in and put it in my freezer. Approximately 96 cups of wheat are ready for some serious wheat bread. Janna's kids love my wheat bread so it will be fun to make it.

Janna and I went for a walk around the block again last night. She brought a badminton racket to beat up the two dogs that snarl at us and try to get us. But of course they weren't out. Dang it!! I wanted to see her take them on.
I fed all the animals with Janna and now it's time to rest and go to bed.
Grateful Statement: Today I am grateful for my wheat grinder. As I was grinding my wheat I was so grateful that I didn't have to do it by hand like the pioneers. I am blessed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...