Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Saved a Chicken, I'm a Hero

I just couldn't sleep last night. Might be the alergy meds I took but I am feeling it today. I went out to give the chickens old lettuce and stuff from my fridge and as I walked thru the barn I say a chicken stuck up in the horse feeder. She had her wings inbetween the bars and couldn't get out. I don't know how long she had been there but she wasn't looking very good. I pulled her out and of course, she had to protest and flap her wings all over me. So I was a hero today to that old hen. Maybe she'll lay me a big, pretty egg today.
I am making the potato soup I was going to make yesterday but I was too hot and tired. I can think of a million excuses when I really don't want to do something. So today is the day. I have chopped all my ingredients and now I'm going to peel potatoes and make bread to go with it. It's the kids last day home and they love bread so I'm going to make it for them.
Tommy figured out what was wrong with the lights and got them all changed over to what the requirements are. Now he has to change all the outside eave outlets to GFI. I am almost positive that no electricution will be going on in this house. The best is the washer outlet. Do they really think the washer is going to jump into the sink and fry me, or maybe it's the dreaded dryer that is going to run amuck and get me. You have to laugh or you'll cry and I prefer laughing...
Dinner done, dishes done, computer cord ordered, now time to vegetate. Janna is visiting after work and we are going to watch "The Closer".
Grateful Statement: I am grateful today for my Kitchen Aide Mixer. I love how it mixes everything so nice. I love how it made my foccacia bread tonight and I never touched the dough except to take it out of the pan. I love that I gave it to my mom and dad years ago and inherited it back. It is a piece of my mom and dad that I get to look at and remember, my dad making cakes in it, my mom making her famous rolls for dinners. I love it and I'm grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...