Friday, August 12, 2011

Lagoon

We got up early this morning and drove to Lagoon. Bailee was sick off and on so we must have stopped 6 or 7 times coming down, but we finally made it. We went to our motel and picked up our Lagoon tickets and headed out. It was wonderful in the morning, hardly any lines and not too hot. Here we are at the entrance getting ready for some fun. The kids had saved up money to go and we took the can to Broulim's yesterday to count the change. They had saved up $65.00. Good job Kulow Kids....
 Waiting in line to ride the big roller coaster. We are all excited except Bailee. She's afraid it will make her sick. Or is she just a little bit afraid?
 The kids wouldn't ride it again so Janna and I rode it a second time. It was fun and we had a really fun time. It reminded me of my mom who would ride any ride with me we found. She was so much fun to be with. Janna and I did have a good time. As we got off the ride Janna did the chicken thing to BJ and Austin. It was pretty funny.
 Here we are getting ready to ride the Mouse Trap. I gotta say I am never riding this thing again. It was so jerky and it just threw you all over the car. Not so much fun...
 We rode the sky thing across the park to the water part. It got pretty high in a couple of places which makes me dizzy so I can't look down. Ever!! Janna has the same thing so no looking down for us.
 Of course, the kids found the bumper cars and Janna joined them to see how many people they could run into. Janna looks like she is having a fun time.
 Austin and Janna rode this one. Bailee and I sat on the comfy bench in the shad. It was starting to get hot and crowded. That's Austin in front and Janna behind. Austin hit his head on both sides. It gave him a headache. What the heck. Maybe he needs a crash helmet. LOL!
 While the kids were spending time in the water park Janna and I were setting on a bench waiting for them and here came Emily DeMill. Her and Brent were there with their kids. Brent didn't even know I had sold my house and moved to Idaho. It was pretty funny. I asked him if Dean ever told him anything. Guess not... We chatted for a while and they were off with their family and Janna and I rounded up Austin and Bailee. We were hot and tired and ready for a nap. On the way back to the motel we saw this car with a couch on top. Let me tell you it was a funny site. We tried to catch up to it to take a picture, but it was going so fast in the fast lane we couldn't catch it no mater how hard we tried. How funny is that. Who puts a couch on top of their car and goes barreling down the freeway in the fast lane.
 Dosn't Janna look relaxed. I think she is checking out her messages. Her works never goes away...
I took a little nap while Janna took the kids to the pool. But it was so hot they couldn't stay in it so they came back and we watched TV and Janna took her power nap. Then we went out to dinner at the Training Table. It used to be that they served Gourmet burgers but now they are one step up from McDonalds. The flavor was good but the hamburger was so skimpy. Too bad. A really good place gone the way of the recession.
After dinner it was off to the Layton Mall for a little school shopping. And Janna shopping. She got a couple of outfits at Maurice's. She has lost so much weight that nothing fits so she's replacing everything a little at a time. She sold her big Elk mount for $1000 so that was a huge help for her. The kids got some school clothes. At one point we thought we had lost Austin in Penney's. They asked me what he was wearing and I said a green shirt and brown hair. Just as the guy was announcing the "Adam Alert" Janna found him sitting out in the mall on a bench. When he came in Penney's he told us that he told grandma he was going to sit outside while Bailee shopped. AND he was wearing a black and grey long sleeved shirt. Don't ever, ever ask me what anyone is wearing and don't tell me where you are going to be if you are one of my grandkids. Too much shopping made us ready for bed.
Grateful Statement: I am grateful today for this cute little family I got to go to Lagoon with. It would have been even more perfect if Harley would have come along.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...