Sunday, August 7, 2011

Observing the Sabbath

The Bishop's counselor wanted to meet with Bailee this morning at 10:45 so Janna, Austin, Bailee and I went to church early. They called Bailee to be the 2nd counselor in the Beehive presidency. She was a little nervous to meet with them but she said it was fine after it was all over with. Church was good. I realized as I listened to the Relief Society lesson about how "Where much is given, much is required", that I needed to get with the program and do my best.
We came home and Janna and the kids went out to lunch with Ronnie and Tommy and I had leftover Potato Soup. It was good and hit the spot. Harley and Janna decided to put the goats in a temporary fence in the front so they could mow down the grass. They just didn't want to go into the pen so Janna and Harley hauled them in by their horns.
 One of them got away and started running down the road so Janna had to hot foot it after it. It's a good thing she runs fast.
 Finally they got them all in and before you know it there will be no tall weeds. They are really funny because if you scare them their legs get all stiff and they can hardly move.
That has been my day. A very good sabbath. I did genealogy today and worked on the Hudlow family. Lots of research and names to submit. I knew someone needed something done because I kept getting that prompting to go find someone. The first family I opened up had a child that had never had their work done so I submitted her. Of course, that just is the tip of the iceberg. But I'll just keep plugging away one family at a time.
Grateful Statement: Today I am grateful for our Relief Society President. I know she works very hard for us sisters. She is so cute and friendly. It makes it fun to go to Relief Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...