Sunday, July 4, 2010

Grand Canyon

We got up early and left to go to the Grand Canyon. It took us about 3 hours to get there and then we looked around at the loops. The vastness of it still amazes me after all the times I'm been here. The kids really enjoyed it. They especially liked the gift shops. Silly kids. We left after a couple of hours of seeing the sights and then we went to Cameron, Arizona to catch 89 to come home. We stopped at an Indian gift shop on the side of the road and Bailee spent her $10 on a necklace and bracelet set. Very pretty and they were impressed at how nice the Indians were to them. Having grown up by the Apache Reservation I already knew they were very sweet and friendly people.  Then we drove and drove and drove and drove and finally got home at about 10:15. We are some pretty tired people. I am posting this and going to bed.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful for the opportunity to see one of God's magnificent creations. And I am grateful these two grandkids that I got to share the experience with.
Alma 20 - Alma 22  This is one of the sweetest sections of the Book of Mormon. The gospel is taught and received by the multitude. Love abounds and peace reigns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...