Sunday, July 25, 2010

More Tender Mercies

I went to see mom early today. She was a little more alert and could say yes. I ask if she wanted a drink and she said yes so I gave her some water with a mouth swab. She can't really swallow very well as she chokes easily. I was starting to have doubts again about feeding her. Of course, along comes an aide that has been with mom for a long time and told me she should not be eating because she can't swallow it. Then I felt good again. I don't know why this is so hard. Maybe because I have spent 10+ years making sure she was fed. Then as I was praying I thought she needs a blessing. But it was Sunday and I knew everyone was getting ready for church so I let it pass. I left and went to church and when I got back to mom's Yvonne called me to tell me that Walt had given mom a blessing and she hoped I didn't mind. I told her to tell Walt that he was an answer to pray. See the tender mercies Heavenly Father gives me everyday. Then Walt came down and gave me a blessing. It was very sweet and gave me a lot of comfort. I was told not to worry about my family and to know that Heavenly Father was mindful of me and my mom. Just what I needed. I felt very relaxed and peaceful the rest of the evening. As I was watching mom I noticed that she would have long periods of not breathing and then she would start again. One of the aides said she was actively going now but no one ever knew how long it would take. I asked her again if her mother was there and she said yes. She always says yes so I know my grandma is with her to help her to the other side. Now I'm going to bed and have a sweet peaceful nights sleep.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful for the Priesthood and Walt for giving me and my mom Priesthood Blessings today.
Alma 45 - Alma 46  I find it very interesting where it says Alma went as if to the land of Melek and he was never heard from again. That he was taken up by the Spirit. No one knows where he died or is buried.

1 comment:

  1. And you are teaching me and many others compassion, patience, love and all the other true concepts of the gospel. You're inspiring and wonderful. XXOO

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...