Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I Pray for Comfort and Peace

I walked again this morning with Heather. Came home and got all my templates all organized. I worked on my office and put more stuff away and cleaned out drawers. Then Tommy and I went to the cannery and served our mission. After I got home I had a message from Wendy, mom's hospice nurse. She told me that mom's lungs were wet, wet, wet and that she hadn't eaten for a couple of days. I knew that she was very tired and was having a hard time communicating so it wasn't unexpected. I went down to sit with her and she opened her eyes and talked with me a couple of times. As I was leaving to go home one of the Aids named John came up to me and gave me a big hug and just started crying. He told me he loved grandma so much. How can one little lady in a bed have such an effect on all these people. Anyway I am going to go pray for comfort and peace. I really don't know what to expect as she has rallied back so many times before. I did call my brother and let him know. I am really torn, I want to be down there with her but I don't want to make it harder for her to go if that's what is supposed to happen. So I will pray alot tonight. John said he would call me if anything went bump in the night. His exact words.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful for the Aids that take care of my mom and love her. She has always been so kind and sweet to them that they can't help loving her.
Alma 38 - Alma 39  In verse 14 it says to acknowledge our unworthiness before God at all times. That's a reminder that I am not supposed to think I am better than anyone else.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry...I will pray for her and for you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been a wonderful daughter to your amazing mother. I love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~ I'm praying for your comfort and peace, too. I love you, Janice. xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...