Friday, July 23, 2010

Mom's Tribute

I got up this morning and went walking with Gerri. Heather was up with a sick kid so she couldn't go. We walked our 3 times around and nothing hurt. What a relief. I thought I was going to have to quit. I came home and did some laundry and I can't remember what else.
At 10am Yvonne came and got me and we spent a couple of hours with mom. She kept looking at the ceiling and mumbling and listening again. Yvonne said she was being taught and I think she's right. I asked her if her mom was there and she said, "Not now." I asked her if she had seen Smokey and she said yes. All the years she has been staring at the ceiling with a fixed look in her eyes and I would ask her if there was anyone there she always said no. So I know they are here to prepare her for what's to come. At one point she made a funny noise and I ask her what she was doing. She said as plain as day, "Laughing". What a funny lady even to the end. By tonight she was not saying anything and just sleeping. But her feet are starting to get cold, which is one of the signs. I do feel very peaceful today and know she is surrounded by Angels and Loved Ones so she is alright. How I love this beautiful lady. I took a CD player down to moms with a CD of the hymns and played it. It just brought a wonderful Spirit into the room. I turned off the TV and told the aides to keep playing the CD. 
I talked with my dear friends Kaylyn and Kathy. I am so blessed to have so many dear people in my life.
Dean and Amie and the kids drove up from Maryvale to see mom. I was glad they could come and be able to see her. The kids were so sweet and gave her a kiss on the forehead which I know is hard for little kids. I hope they felt the love that she would have had for them if she would have been alert.
In between trips down to mom's I decided to make this page as a tribute to my mom on this day. It was very uplifting to scrap a picture of her with her 3 boys. Now it's time to go to bed. I can't believe how much I sleep anymore. I took a 2 hour nap again today and at 9:30 I'm ready to hug my pillow again.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful for a friend like Yvonne who cares for me and loves me. It was so good to sit with her and have her teach me what my mom is going through. What a sweet lady.
Alma 41 - Alma 44  So much wonderful stuff in these three chapters. I think the part that stood out to me was when the the opposing armies where afraid of Moroni and his army because the had on such good armor. It reminded me of putting on the whole Armor of God so we can be protected at all times.

1 comment:

  1. I love that saying that you put on the page. You are a great example of strength.

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...