Monday, July 26, 2010

Another Day Waiting

I went walking with Heather this morning. I am so glad I have a walking partner, especially now when I really need to walk so I get some exercise. It was fun and pretty easy although I was tired when we were done.
Dean and Amie have gone to San Diego for a tournament with Hailey and we have Hannah, Harrison and Hayden. Amie brought them last night. What sweet little people they are. Tommy is kind of in charge of them because most of the day I spend at the nursing home with mom. I just feel like I don't want to miss one conversation or moment with my mom. I know that I am watching something so Holy that it makes me want to not miss any of it.
Mom was awake all afternoon. She just looked up at the ceiling and talked and listened. I couldn't understand what she was saying but if I asked her if she wanted something  once in a while I could understand her words. She just looks so relaxed and peaceful. Her little heart is racing a million miles per hour because she only takes about 10 to 11 breathes per minutes. She holds her breath for 20 seconds at a time. That is what's making her heart race. But she doesn't seem to be in pain or distress. I am heading for the airport to pick up my niece Julie. She is flying in so she can say goodbye to her grandma. Isn't that sweet. Tommy is going to drive me up there because I'm a little tired.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful for the wonderful uplifting comments on this blog and all the phone calls from my friends and family. I can't tell you how much that uplifts me to know that people are thinking of me during this trying time. I love you all and you make each day brighter because of your kindness.
Alma 46 - Alma 47  I love the part about Moroni renting his coat and writing on it and fastening it on a pole. "The Standard of Liberty" In memory of our God, our religion and freedom and our peace, our wives and our children.

2 comments:

  1. Sending love every minute of every day. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. If there is anything I can do please let me know. I can't wait to go walking with you on friday. The salads were amazing needing more stuff. Take care and know you are in our thoughts and prayers. Love ya lady.

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...