Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Taking Julie to the Airport

Julie and I got up, took our showers and went to visit mom before she had to catch her flight back to San Jose. We didn't have time to walk and visit mom so we chose the better part. On the way to the airport Wendy, mom's hospice nurse, called me to say that mom was hardly breathing and she thought it might be today. I came back from the airport and she was still sleeping and hardly breathing. I sat there all day and had Tommy bring me lunch and about 2pm she opened her eye and started looking around and could sort of talk. We have decided we need to bottle her stamina and sell it. We could be rich. Her breathing hasn't improved but she is doing better than this morning. So all that fretting today was for naught. We'll see what tomorrow brings. What a roller coaster ride.
The picture above is a book that Susan brought to the nursing home for me. It is just short writings on the Atonement. It's called "The Gift". I just love it. The one I read today that I loved was called "Merciful Love" by Gerald Lund. He says, And the merciful love of the Father and the Son did not rob justice of its rightful demands. Rather, it paid justice! Their Love said to Justice, by virtue of the price paid in the Garden, "Here is payment for the wrongs committed. You are paid in full. Now let the captives go free" Isn't that just the most wonderful way to explain that. I love this paragraph.
Grateful Statement: I am grateful today for the wonderful nurses and staff that are keeping my mom so comfortable as she goes through this process. She is so at peace.
Alma 47 - Alma 48  So much wickedness. It must have been awful to be around at that time.

1 comment:

  1. Gosh. I hold my breath every night when I open to your blog .... xxoo .... love you.

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...