Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Grandpa's Gardener Page

I got up this morning and went walking with Heather. We went 3 times around the trail. We decided the 1st lap was hard, the 2nd lap was realllllly hard and the 3rd lap was pretty easy. Lesson learned: keep going and don't stop.
 Then I went Visiting Teaching with Jacque to Joan. We talked for over an hour. Joan is really fun to talk with. After that I came home and finished this page. I have been working on this page for probably a month and just couldn't like it. But today I just decided I was finishing it no matter what. After I got all the embellishments on I kind of liked it.
I ate salad again today. I love having all the stuff in the fridge ready to go. I am going to have to go to the store tomorrow and replenish some things.
This afternoon Tommy and I went to the cannery to serve our mission. I always love it once I get there. I love helping the people and testifing of the importance of Food Storage. It really is one of my passions, probably because it has helped our family through some hard times. I always knew I had food to feed my kids. It was a good feeling.
On the way to the cannery we picked up Hailey at the High School and met Amie at the cannery to hand her over. She is just so gorgeous. I love that granddaughter of mine. We went into Provo to Allen's to pick up my pages I had printed out. All of 2009! Wahoo... On the way home we stopped by Mom's so I could check on her. She was doing well but they only had a thin sheet on her for covers. I went into the suppy closet, which I found when mom first moved over there and got her a blanket and tucked it around her all nice and cozy. They had a ball game on her TV. What's up with that, so I changed it to her favorite old western channel. Gave her kisses and lots of loves and promised to come back tomorrow and stay a long time.
Now it's time to do my nightly routine and hug my pillow.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful for the inspiration to put my scripture reading on my blog. I haven't missed a single day since I started. I take my scriptures with me everywhere when I have time to read. And it really makes me think about what I'm reading.
Alma 31 - Alma 32  In verse 19 it says that Alma and his brethern were "astonished beyond all measure" to hear the prayers the Zoramites were giving. I think it would be like going into Sacrament Meeting and having everyone come up to the pulpit and say the exact same thing. We would be "astonished beyond all measure" to encounter that also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...