Saturday, July 31, 2010

Going to Plan B

I woke up this morning at 4:30am and grabbed my phone thinking I must have missed the call. But I hadn't. I couldn't quit thinking about my mom so I got up and read email and blogs and tried to not feel so worn out. I decided I would go walk. I walked around the path 3 times and it made such a difference in my attitude. My stress is gone and I am at peace again. I went to see mom after my walk and she was the same. They had moved her to her right side and lotioned her all up. She just looks so peaceful. It's like she is just sleeping away. I came home for lunch and went back and her beautiful brown eyes were open. She didn't recognize me but I kissed her and told her I loved her anyway.
Tomorrow morning at 6am I am going to Island Park with Janna and my nieces. I'm taking Harrison and Hayden so they can play with their cousins. I decided that maybe I'm holding Mom back from going because I can't stay away. I said from the beginning that I thought I kept bringing her back when I would tell her I loved her and kiss her sweet forehead and I think I might be right. I just can't quit going down to sit with her so we are moving on to Plan B. I am taking a heavy pot and my candy thermometer and we are going to celebrate the fabulous lady that loved us all so dearly. We all have so many special memories and we will be sharing them. We are going to try to make her fabulous candy and have a great time with many laughs and many tears. Dean will be here if I need him and Wendy the hospice nurse said she would call me everyday to give me an update. I just know I have to do this for her and for me.
Grateful Statement: I am grateful for the Atonement and our Savior that makes it possible for us to be forgiven. I am grateful to know where my Mom is going so I can be at peace.
Alma 50 - Alma 51 In verse 23 where it says, there never was a happier time among the people of Nephi, since the days of Nephi, than in the days of Moroni. I think Moroni must have made the people feel the way President Hinckley made me feel. "Isn't it wonderful." I loved when he would say that.

2 comments:

  1. You are such a good person. I am glad that you are going to celebrate her life and remember all the love she has given all of you. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful plan, dear heart. You are brave. Ok, brave and crazy, but that's why I love you. :> Have fun and don't drive in circles trying to get home. As in K_____er. Peace to your heart and soul. XXOO

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...