Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sledding with Harrison and Hayden Page

This is the page I made at our Scrap Night last night. What fun we had! I had a request on my Rice Pudding post for the recipe so here it is:
RICE PUDDING
1 1/2 cups cooked rice
1/2 cup raisins, if desired
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups milk, scalded
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs, beaten
Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a 1 1/2 quart ungreased casserole, combine all ingredients; mix well. Place casserole in baking pan with about 1 inch hot water. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until a knife inserted in middle comes out clean. (You can omit scalding the milk and bake 50 to 65 minutes)

My very first ever recipe on my blog. I think it's really wonderful that we have a ward cookbook that has everyone's favorite recipes in them. What a treasure! I went down to visit with my mom this afternoon. She was feeling better and we talked for awhile. I came home and had Tommy drive me to Provo to the Temple so I could get my cards printed off. Now I have names to do. I was almost out. I came home and worked on a page which I will post tomorrow. It has been a good day.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful for the Temple. I love the feeling you get just being on the Temple grounds. And when you walk through the front doors there is such a feeling of peace. The closest place to Heaven on earth.



1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the recipe. I made it tonight and it was wonderful :) Mmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...