Thursday, January 31, 2013

Busy Day

Good thing I am feeling well, cause it's been a busy day. Sweet Bonnie Hall brought me dinner tonight. So I made her my decadent Chocolate cake with fudge frosting. I also made some lemon poppy seed bread. 
A lady called me from Utah to tell me her ex-son in law had died and his two boys aged 18 and 21 were up here trying to arrange the funeral. I called the Bishop with all the information and he made phone calls to the boys and the mortuary. The Relief Society is doing a luncheon/dinner at 5pm tomorrow. I love how this church works. I called Jill Huntsman and within an hour she had the food all lined up. My secretary Peggy sent an email out asking for help setting up and serving tomorrow. My counselor, Crystal can't be there tomorrow night so she is making the ham and funeral potaotes. Tiffany and I will be setting up with whoever shows up. The Bishop wants us to stay and make sure everything goes well as we know nothing about the family and Stanley was inactive so no one knows much about him or his family. I told the Bishop that we would stay but we really needed a priesthood holder there. Now that's the Gospel at it's best.
For now it's time for me to go to bed.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful that our ward will pull together and do this for the family of an inactive man that no one knows. It just makes me appreciate our members so much. They are truly following in the footsteps of the Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...