Monday, November 4, 2013

Canning in Mason Jars


Rolled Oats

I spent the day organizing my Food Storage on paper. I went through everything and I am almost there. This is 25 lbs of oats in two cases of 1/2 gallon jars. It just fit with a lot of help on my part. I shook these jars until there wouldn't move one more drop. I just have to do one more 25 lb bag and I have a years supply of oats for 6 adult people. I will get the oxy packs tomorrow and seal them up. 
Then it's on to beans, milk and oil. The water is the killer. I need 1 gallon per person per day. That's 2,190 gallons. 1/2 of it should be for hygiene and 1/2 for drinking. That's 40 blue barrels. Where in the world do people store this? But I'm determined to get it stored. Thank goodness for a great big barn. 
I made a spread sheet of all the things I need to store and took inventory. For some reason I have felt that this is so important to bring it all back up to a year's supply. So I'm on a mission to get it done.
I made beans and sour dough bread for dinner and now it's time for me to hit the hay.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful for the Prophets who have urged us to get prepared. I feel so much better when I am prepared. I am blessed to live in a country that will allow it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...