Sunday, March 3, 2013

Drops of Awesome

Crystal gave our lesson in Relief Society on President Uchtdorf's talk, "Of Things That Matter Most".
It was a wonderful lesson.

She told of a Young Women Leader who gave a lesson on Drops of Awesome. She ask the young girls to focus on what they did right as a drop of awesome. She had a bowl and let the girls put drop of water in the bowl for all the things they did right. She assured them that the bowl would be filled to overflowing. As the girls put their drops of awesome in the bowl it filled up very slowly, and as they were all finished the bowl was not overflowing. She produced a pitcher and poured it into the bowl until it went over the top and spilled onto the towel that was under the bowl. She explained that that was what the Savior did for them. They could do all they could and He would make up the difference.

She applied that to us as we put a dish away, a drop of awesome, or read our kids a story, a drop of awesome, or read our scriptures, a drop of awesome, visit a neighbor, a drop of awesome, and so on. I really needed to hear this lesson. I sometime just feel like I am never going to get it all done. But I will think of each little thing I do as my drop of awesome to fill up my bucket.

It was a fabulous Sunday and I made my visiting teaching appointments for this week, a drop of awesome,  so that will be done. I didn't visit one of my sisters last month because I could never catch her. So I am going to do better this month.
Grateful Statement: I am so grateful for Bailee and Austin. They are such good church going partners. I love that they want to go. I am blessed to have them.

1 comment:

  1. Jody Newman did that lesson for the YW. It is a great lesson for all of us!

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...