Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Dry Ice

 Canning Dry Milk

Using Dry Ice

Kathy and I went into Idaho Falls to the cannery and bought some milk for Kathy to can and I bought black beans, quick oats, reg oats and cocoa for Tommy. Then we went to Walmart and got buckets to put it in and Dry Ice to can Kathy's milk. We found these cute little buckets for Kathy's milk.
We were going to make Cheddar Cheese but we didn't have the right kind of culture so we had to put it on hold until we can order it. As we were canning Kathy's milk one of the bucket bulged, which is a bad thing, but it didn't burst so I guess it's okay. I think we might have put too much dry ice in and it said to leave the lid loose for 1 hour and we tightened them down after 45 minutes. We learned how to do it and what not to do and that was a good thing.
Then we went to Applebee's for lunch and then we took the family out for Mexican Food when Janna got off work. 
We watched American Idol and now it's bed time.
Grateful Statement: I am grateful for the Gospel in my life. I am grateful that Kathy shares all my beliefs and we can talk all day long about what we believe. I am blessed to have such a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...