Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Canning Beans

My pretty canners working away.
 13 quarts of Kidney Beans
 13 quarts of Pinto Beans
I guess it's time to get my butt in gear and start journaling again. I canned Kidney Beans on Monday and Pinto Beans today. It takes a long time to get it done. I spent lots of time babysitting the canner trying to keep it at the right pressure. My stove in Elk Ridge was easy. I knew exactly where to keep the knob at. But I'm finally figuring it out. By the time I get done with my beans I'll have it down. Tomorrow it's Black Beans in the bottles. Then I'll be ready for Taco Soup quick and easy.
I stubbed my toe today and it is so sore I can hardly walk. So I spent the evening on the couch with my foot up. I really need to learn to walk. LOL!! Bailee is watching TV with me. It's nice to have such sweet company.
Janna went to Salt Lake yesterday for a Mental Health conference for work and came back today. I think she's a little tired. Traveling always makes me tired. But she got to hang out with Ann so that was a fun thing for her.
Grateful Statement: Today I am grateful for my canners and how easy it makes canning for me. How did they do it in the pioneer days. I am blessed to have modern conveniences.

1 comment:

  1. Love those canned beans!! And the idea to heat them with chicken broth. You are having the best life ... except for the toe part .... :<

    ReplyDelete

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...