Sunday, November 13, 2011

New Calling

Saturday I took Harley, Bailee and Marissa to the mall. Harley had bathed my dog and I bought her a new book from one of the series she is reading. Bailee and Marissa went to stores in the mall while Harley and I hung out in Barnes and Noble. It was fun. I also got my hair cut and Janna got hers colored. It took 3 hours and in the middle of it we had a snow storm.
On Sunday I was called to be the 11 year old primary teacher. 13 kids in the class. Janna was asked to team teach with me but felt she needed a little more time. She is so busy with her job that it's hard for her to take on anything new. So I get to do it and I'll have her help me when I need her.  When the 1st and 2nd councelors set me apart they gave me a blessing with my calling and also my grandkids. It was very special for me.
We had black bean burritos for dinner and I made the Applebee's blonde brownie with maple sauce. It was very yummy but the brownie wasn't like Applebee's. So I'll keep searching until I find the right one.
Janna and I finished the quilt that was on my frames. Now I have to bind it and it will be done. Janna found another quilt that she had started awhil ago so she worked on it until bedtime. That's was my Sunday.
Grateful Statement: I am grateful for a Heavenly Father that loves me and knows what I need. I am grateful for words of comfort and encouragement. I am grateful for visiting teachers who came to my door when I was inactive and never gave up on me. I am grateful for a Primary President that called me to be a primary teacher even though I was inactive. I am grateful for my testimony. I am grateful above all for my Savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...