Sunday, November 6, 2011

Going To Church Makes Me Happy

What did I do all week you ask. Well, I canned Black Beans and learned a lesson on canning. Don't fill Black Beans 2/3 of the way full if you haven't soaked them overnight. They tend to fill the whole jar to the very top and more. The jars were packed tight. But I learned something else. If you add a can of Chicken Broth when you heat the beans up it becomes the most perfect Black Beans for Burritos, which is what I made for dinner tonight. Harley ate 3 of them, Austin ate 3 of them and Bailee ate 2. They loved them.. When I soaked my beans overnight they were too mushy but if I put the in the bottles without soaking them they were perfect. So tomorrow I will be canning another batch using 1 1/4 cup of dry beans per quart.
Janna and I went to church today. It was so wonderful. I also met with the Bishop after and will tell this journal what it is all about in a couple of days. Nothing big but it could be wonderful... The kids where with their dad for the weekend.
It has been snowy and cloudy for the past two days so I've stayed snuggled in my house.
I didn't get this posted on Sunday so I'm adding Monday to it. I canned Strawberry Jam from some strawberries that I had put in the freezer this summer. Scott had gotten a flat of strawberries from some guy on the side of the road. They were huge and beautiful so I thawed them out and had enough to make two batches of Jam. So good.
Grateful Statement: I am grateful for the gospel and the power of prayer. I am grateful that I know Heavenly Father knows me by name and loves me even when I am so imperfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lazy Day

Lunch Yesterday I made a Keto Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole for dinner. AJ liked it but not Janna. Oh well. So today I had it for lunc...